Need Caregiver Certification? Get that through the American Caregiver Association right here
It’s a startling statistic: A new study finds the number of kids accidentally poisoned by the over-the-counter sleep aid melatonin has soared by 530% over the past decade.
For most children, the overdose only causes excessive sleepiness, but for some it can result in hospitalization and even death, the researchers found.
"The largest increases were unintentional ingestions or accidental ingestions in children, less than 5 years of age, which was kind of an astounding finding," said lead researcher Dr. Karima Lelak, from the department of pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan, in Detroit. #melatonin #insomnia #insomniarelief #shorts