The ECG in Lyme Carditis
From: Mayo Clinic News Network
Need Caregiver Certification? Get that through the American Caregiver Association right here
Joining us today to discuss ECG in Lyme Carditis is Adrian Baranchuk, M.D., professor of medicine at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Specific topics discussed:
• What is the role of the ECG in the diagnosis of Lyme carditis?
• Once suspected, what would you suggest doing to monitor heart rate?
• Any role for subsequent ECGs?• If not treated, what could happen to a patient with first degree AV block?
• Do all patients with Lyme carditis need a pacemaker?
• How do you follow treated patients with Lyme carditis? What is the role of the ECG?