From: Mayo Clinic News Network
Need Caregiver Certification? Get that through the American Caregiver Association right here
Joining us today to discuss Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) versus Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR) is Kevin Greason, M.D., associate professor of surgery and cardiac surgeon at Mayo Clinic Rochester, Minnesota. Tune in to learn more about the surgical differences between TAVR and AVR.
Specific topics discussed:
• What are the main advantages of TAVR? What are the main advantages of SAVR?
• How do you select patients for one treatment or another?
• What are the advantages of mechanical valves and when do you use them?
• What is the durability of TAVR and SAVR? Rate of reoperation/reintervention?
• What treatment do you recommend for a young patient with aortic stenosis?
From Mayo Clinic to your inbox, sign-up for free: https://mayocl.in/3e71zfi
Visit Mayo Clinic: https://mayocl.in/2COVmlm
Like Mayo Clinic on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MayoClinic/
Follow Mayo Clinic on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mayoclinic/
Follow Mayo Clinic on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MayoClinic